Terms & Conditions
This revision of the Terms & Conditions was last updated on 4 July, 2018.
- The Smart Seeds trademark is owned by GHD Pty Ltd (“GHD”). Smart Seeds events and campaigns are designed and delivered by GHD with partner organisations.
- GHD reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions at any time and in its discretion. If GHD changes or modifies the terms and conditions, GHD will post the changes to this site and will indicate at the top of this page the date of revision.
- By registering for the Smart Seeds program, participants and participating organisations agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions of Smart Seeds are governed by the laws of the relevant country or state as appropriate.
- It is expected that participants will attend all events they have registered for and are committed to further collaboration and idea development outside of the event times.
- Personal information provided to GHD for the purpose of taking part in the Smart Seeds program will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used for the purposes of the Smart Seeds program.
- Participating organisations acknowledge that any information they share through the Smart Seeds program (with the exception of personal information) has been authorised for disclosure and may be published on the Smart Seeds website.
- GHD and partners are not responsible for any loss or damage incurred including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in the Smart Seeds program.
- Participating organisations accept the following basis for participant recognition and awards:
- a)A panel of senior industry leaders from a variety of organisations and disciplines will decide the Judge’s Choice Award at the Showcase event.
- b)The audience at the Showcase event will vote electronically to decide the People’s Choice Award.
- c)People’s Choice Award will be voted on publically via the Smart Seeds website.
- d)Judging criteria will be presented at the launch workshop.
- Intellectual Property
(a) GHD owns all Intellectual Property associated with the design and delivery of the Smart Seeds program.
(b) Participants, or their respective employers, own the Intellectual Property they generate during the Smart Seeds program.
(c) Participants are responsible for the content they generate and share.
(d) Participants may contribute jointly to the creation of intellectual property while working in teams.
(e) Participants are expected to operate with integrity and respect for others’ Intellectual Property.
(a) Should any one or more participants or participating organisations wish to pursue commercialisation, it will be at their own commercial, technical and management undertaking.
(b) GHD requests that ongoing recognition be provided to the participants who generated the idea and to the Smart Seeds program.
- GHD has the unrestricted right to use images and content generated and captured through the Smart Seeds program at any time, now and in the future, for promotional purposes.